Headway Elementary. Student's book
продать эту книгу
ошибка в описании
издательство: Oxford University Press
город, год: Oxford, 2001
страниц: 128 стр.
тип обложки: Обложка (мягкая)
Headway is a multi-level course for adults and young adults who want to use English both accurately and fluently. Grammar and vocabulary are taught and explained thoroughly, and all four language skills are developed systematically. The Headway series combines traditional methods of language teaching and more recent communicative approaches. Headway Elementary is a first-year coursebook which, along with Headway Pre-Intermediate, Headway Intermediate, Headway Upper-Intermediate, and Headway Advanced, provides a comprehensive language teaching series for the 1990s.
Liz and John Soars have many years of experience as teachers and teacher trainers. Both have worked at International House, London, and Liz was one of the chief examiners of the Cambridge/RSA Dip TEFL.
Each level of Headway provides approximately 120 hours of teaching. Key features of Headway Elementary include:
• Detailed treatment of grammar in two stages: at the beginning of each unit, where it is introduced and practised in a variety of activities, and then in the Grammar Summary at the end of each unit, which is suitable for self-study and revision.
• Systematic vocabulary work with dictionary training.
• Skills work sections for further extension and fluency work.
• Integrated pronunciation work.
• An Everyday English section which practises common expressions in everyday situations.
• A self-check revision section.
The Student’s Book also contains reference lists of vocabulary, irregular verbs, verb patterns, phonetic symbols, and tapescripts. In addition, there is a Teacher’s Book with photocopiable activities, two Class Cassettes, and a Workbook with further consolidation exercises, extra input sections, and a writing syllabus. An optional Student’s Cassette is available for use with the Workbook. Headway Elementary is accompanied by Headway Elementary Pronunciation and Headway Elementary Video.